After a little cranky morning, I settled into a brief, but needed yoga session. The sun is actually shining today, but I found myself channeling the water that defines this season in the Pacific Northwest. Or maybe I’m still holding on to my turn as the dingy water in a Sea World dolphin show scene from my improv class last night. Or maybe I’m still dopey from my restless night of sleep. Whatever the inspiration, I moved slowly through my vinyasa, never really stopping the movement, like the steady drizzly rain we often see in Portland. Even in the stillness of downward dog or mountain pose, I enjoyed a subtle pulsing of the breath, of the muscles. And, rather than fight the restlessness I’ve been feeling, I’m sticking with that riding of the gentle waves for the rest of my day. So far, steadily accomplishing a variety of tasks, running a little behind on things, but feeling content with where I’m at.
Cross posted to Yogster.net
okay, i’m doing this blog post a day thing and of course, now i’m stuck. i’ll just run through my morning and leave it at that.
- i woke up and turned on democracy now! on kboo. interesting analysis of the elections from a more progressive standpoint, including a roundtable discussion with folks from around the world. definitely worth a listen and a welcome antidote to the rah-rah rhetoric of mainstream media.
- checked email, facebook.
- turned on some soothing tunes and did some yoga. first time in ages. felt nice. maybe i’ll declare it MyYoEvMo – my yoga everyday month.
- waterproofed my new cute boots (thanks to mom for picking them up in krakow and finding boots that fit over my big calves!).
- hit the shower and luckily found some backup hair product after running out yesterday. gods forbid i don’t have hair product!
- toasted a bagel for breakfast.
- perused different blogs through nablopomo‘s randomizer feature. looking for inspiration, encouragement to do my blog post.
- wrote this blog entry.