In my official work gig at OPB as part of the environment news team EarthFix, we recently started a team blog called Waypoints. It’s a nice addition to the other media we produce (audio, video and other digital stories) and it’s given me a chance to flex my ‘writer’ muscle professionally.
Here are a few of the recent posts (mine and some of my colleagues’) I particularly enjoyed:
– taking a look at seafood that’s typically thrown out because of lack of demand; a new foodie event is trying to bring wolf eel and skate wing some love
– in 2010 Congress declared October ‘National Farm To School Month’ and now USDA is completing the first Farm To School Census
– a very rad exhibit will be on view in Bellingham, showing art works depicting alpine and polar regions; the opening will feature a huge block of ice that will – you guessed it – melt
– goats are cute, but even cuter are goats in boats on their way to munch on an island’s invasive species
– a jaw-dropping satellite photo shows coal-fueled smog covering China as the Pacific Northwest considers sending more coal through to that part of the world